Saturday, October 6, 2007

The survey of Wal-Mart and union

Our group did a survey of the relationship between Wal-Mart and union. We wanted to know if American thought Wal-Mart should accept a union. Also, we were curious if American thought Wal-Mart treated employees fairly. In addition, we wondered why American liked to go shopping at Wal-Mart and how often did they go to Wal-Mart. We interviewed 59 American people in Carbondale. They were very nice to do the surveys for us. Some of them had extremely strong opinions about Wal-Mart and union. They also wrote some comments for us. We conducted the survey that 84% of American thought Wal-Mart should accept a union. Plus, 76% of American believed Wal-Mart treated employees unfairly. Finally, American liked to go shopping at Wal-Mart because it was cheap and always open, and 46% of American went to Wal-Mart once a week.

Before we started this project, I did not know the relationship between Wal-Mart and union at all. I have learned a lot from this project. I knew what a union is and how Wal-Mart treated employees. I thought American would think Wal-Mart should accept a union and it was right. However, I was surprised that the percentage that they agreed the Wal-Mart should join a union was so high. Also, I thought American would think Wal-Mart treated employees unfairly and the result of the survey was the same with what I thought. Finally, I believed American went shopping at Wal-Mart because of cheapness, time, free parking and stocks everything. The result of the survey told me that cheapness the most reason for American to go shopping at Wal-Mart.

By Linda

No comments: